SouthEastern Mutual Scholarship Fund – Application Form
SouthEastern Mutual Insurance Company provides a special benefit to policyholders. Each year since 2002, the company has offered $6,000 in scholarships to policyholders and/or their dependents. Previously, the funds were allotted in twelve $500 scholarships. In 2017, we began offering six $1,000 scholarships. Education is costly and the Company is pleased to help offset the high cost of post-secondary education.
General Requirements of Eligibility
1. The Applicant (or parent/guardian) must have an active SouthEastern Mutual home, tenant, farm or
2. The Applicant must completed this application form.
3. The Applicant must provide a current transcript from the school, college or university attended in
the past year (if the Applicant is a mature student please note such on the application). A minimum
average of 70% is required.
4. The Applicant must show proof of acceptance or enrolment as a full time student at a post-secondary
educational institution (college or university).
5. The Applicant may choose to submit a 30-60 second video or audio recording on the choice of two
topics: Southeastern Mutual – present day company or the history of Southeastern Mutual (photos
used must not be copyright protected).
6. The Applicant must provide a recent colour photo, with their application, to Southeastern Mutual
for possible publication.
7. The Applicant must not have received any scholarship monies from Southeastern Mutual Insurance
prior to this submission (Applicants may receive only one scholarship from Southeastern Mutual).
8. The Applicant must return the application form no later than 4:30 pm on May 15 th to:
SouthEastern Mutual Insurance Company
Scholarship Selection Committee
663 Pinewood Road
Riverview NB E1B 5R6
Applicants must have fully completed an approved application form and have submitted it to the office of SouthEastern Mutual by the required time and date specified above. SouthEastern Mutual will notify successful applicants by June 10th. Before issuing cheques on November 10th of the same year, the company will require successful applicants to provide proof of registration in a post-secondary institution. A copy of the paid tuition, a letter from the school or institution, or a photocopy of the student card are all examples of acceptable proofs of registration.